What is software IV&V?
IV&V stands for Independent Verification and Validation. It is an assessment performed by a third party organization that was not involved in the development of the software application. This ensures that the team performing the assessment has no vested interest in its outcome.
The goal is to determine if user requirements are met and the application is structurally sound and meets the required specifications.
For a software IV&V assessment, ITS will do the following:
- Review the source code
- Examine associated product documentation
- Analyze associated algorithms for static verification
- Perform integration testing to ensure all modules are meshed as one and work properly together
- Test functionality and match with user requirements
- Run system testing on the entire software and hardware solution